Saturday, November 12, 2011

10 : How will internet turn out to be in the next decade?

I was Googling "The Future of Internet" and I chanced upon this website that talks about the 6 predictions of the internet in future!

It stated:
1) Audio Web Surfing!
2) Web Surf on any Device
3) Input revisited
4) Mobile Networking
5) The end of dot.com domination
6) IE 6 stopped being used.
http://sixrevisions.com/web-technology/6-predictions-for-the-future-of-the-internet/
This article was established on DEC22 ,2009.

I agreed with some but not all the predictions, and I will comment a few.
 #1 is already slowly happening. With iPhone4S having the Siri function. It is probable that the in the near future, that surfing the net just by talking to your phone is possible, and  I am not surprised if Apple is the one who launched it, (but a bit skeptical because of Job's death.)



#2 The website showed a picture of a chopping board having the function to let one to surf the web. I personally find it probable too, however, i would like to ask the question : "is it necessary?". I mean it is good that we are able to have access to internet every where and on the go. But, taking the chopping board for example. I mean if you were to be doing something that can be hazardous, I do not see the need to have web surfing on every device.

With Smartphones and portable tablets, there is already a significant drop in human communication. You often see people walking on the street using e-devices and not communicating with the people that they are physically with. I feel that as e-devices starts crowding our lives, our human communication will increase and decrease at the same time.

#6 Currently, many of my friends and i are not using IE as the web browser anymore. Therefore, I find it very probable that IE is losing its usual crowd who uses it especially because of its speed.
I noticed there is a rising trend of using Google Chrome because of its speed!
Here is a detailed vid on Google Chrome:


A parody on Future of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment